Respect for both yourself as well as others is really a key characteristic of healthy relationships. In comparison, in unhealthy relationships, one partner attempts to exert power and control on the other physically, intimately, and/or emotionally.
Healthier relationships share specific traits that teenagers ought to be taught to anticipate. They consist of:
- Shared respect. Respect implies that each individual values who one other is and knows one other person’s boundaries.
- Trust. Lovers should spot rely upon one another and provide one another the advantage of the doubt.
- Honesty. Honesty develops trust and strengthens the partnership.
- Compromise. In a relationship relationship, each partner doesn’t constantly get his / her means. Each should acknowledge various points of view and become ready to provide and take.
- Individuality. Neither partner must have to compromise whom he or she is, and his/her identity ought not to be predicated on a partner’s. Each should carry on seeing his / her buddies and doing the things she or he really loves. Each must certanly be supportive of his/her partner attempting to pursue brand brand new hobbies or make friends that are new.
- Good interaction. Each partner should speak genuinely and freely to prevent miscommunication. If an individual person has to straighten out their emotions first, one other partner should respect those wishes and wait she is ready to talk until he or.
- Anger control. We all get annoyed, but exactly exactly how it is expressed by us make a difference our relationships with other people. Anger may be managed in healthier methods such as for example having a deep breathing, counting to ten, or chatting it away.
- Fighting fair. Everybody else contends sooner or later, but those who find themselves reasonable, adhere to the topic, and get away from insults are more inclined to appear having a solution that is possible. Daha fazla oku “The Traits of Healthier & Unhealthy Relationships”